The successful candidate will be asked to complete the House Volunteer Training. The house is open for Brunch Friday from 11am – 1pm. Volunteers are required for 4 hours, this gives time for food prep before the arrival of the Kitchen Volunteer and half an hour for Check in / Check out with the Kitchen Volunteer, time to cook and time to socialise.
The Volunteer will work with the Volunteer Coordinator and other volunteers to ensure the smooth running of Brunch in the House.
1. Prep for Brunch
2. Check in with the Kitchen Volunteer
3. Cook Brunch
4. Understanding House Policies
5. Any other responsibilities that may arise
6. Check out with Kitchen Volunteer
The volunteer can avail of the tea/coffee making facilities and kitchen and toilet facilities, parking is also available in Áras Folláin.
What's required for this position
1. Friendly manner and good with people
2. A keen interest in food and cooking
3. Understanding of hygiene and food hygiene, food safety and sanitation
5. The ability to work as part of a team
6. Good organisational Skills
7. Good time management
8. Being able to work on your own initiative
9. Reliable and punctual
10. Knowledgeable about Áras Folláin and its activities
Times and commitment required for this role:
One of the following -
Friday 10am - 2pm
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Volunteer Application Form
Volunteers give their time and skills free of charge to Áras Folláin. When acting as a designated volunteer in the house, the cost incurred of getting to Áras Folláin should not discourage involvement. Travel expenses to Áras Folláin will be reimbursed at a rate of 0.20c per km up to a maximum reimbursement of €10 per return journey per day.