Drop In Volunteers
drop in volunteers..
The successful candidate will be asked to complete the House Volunteer Training. The house is open for “Drop In” on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11am – 1pm and Tuesdays from 12pm - 4pm. Volunteers are required on a 2½ hourly basis Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 4½ hours on a Tuesday, this gives half an hour for Check in / Check out with the other Volunteer.
The Volunteer will work with the Volunteer Coordinator and other volunteers to ensure the smooth running of Drop In in the House.
1. Check in with other Volunteer
2. Welcoming people at the door
3. Providing information to visitors in relation to the ‘What’s On’
4. Showing new visitors around the house
5. Offering Tea/Coffee to new visitors
6. Ensuring the house is kept clean & tidy at all times, including the washing up of any cups.
7. Letting visitors know about any events happening
8. To promote and create awareness of the work of Áras Folláin and the importance of raising funds
9. Ensure the blinds are closed, lights turned off and doors and windows are securely locked on leaving
10. Understanding House Policies
11. Any other responsibilities that may arise
12. Check out with other Volunteer
The volunteer can avail of the tea/coffee making facilities and kitchen and toilet facilities, limited parking is also available in Áras Folláin.
What's required for this position
1. Friendly manner and good with people
2. An understanding of English and a good communicator
3. Helpful and Polite
4. Reliable and punctual
5. Non-judgemental/accepting attitude
6. Knowledgeable about Áras Folláin and its activities
Times and commitment required for this role:
One of the following -
Monday 10.45am - 1.15pm
Tuesday 11.45am - 4.15pm
Wednesday 10.45am - 1.15pm
Friday 10.45am - 1.15pm
2½ hrs Monday, Wednesday or Friday
4½ hours Tuesday
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Volunteer Application Form
Volunteers give their time and skills free of charge to Áras Folláin. When acting as a designated volunteer in the house, the cost incurred of getting to Áras Folláin should not discourage involvement. Travel expenses to Áras Folláin will be reimbursed at 0.20c per km up to a maximum reimbursement of €10 for a return journey per day.