The successful candidate will be asked to complete the House Volunteer Training.
The Group Volunteer will work with the Group Leader and Volunteer Coordinator to ensure the smooth running of the Group in the House.
The Group Leader takes responsibility for the Group while they are in the house for their Group. The Group Volunteer assists the Group Leader. The Group Volunteer may be asked to lead the Group if the Group Leader in unavailable. If this is the case the Group Leader needs to ensure that there is another trained Volunteer present for the House to be opened.
1. Check in with Group Leader
2. Support the Group Leader during time present in the house
3. Ensuring the house clean & tidy after your group.
4. To promote and create awareness of the work of Áras Folláin and the importance of raising funds
5. Ensure the blinds are closed, lights turned off and doors securely locked on leaving if no Drop In Volunteers are present.
6. Check out with Group Leader
Key responsibilities if acting Group Leader
1. Open the House and ensure Alarm turned off if no Drop In Volunteer / Staff present
2. Check in with other Volunteer
3. Welcoming people into the Group, remember 2 Volunteers present before door can be opened
4. Introducing new members to the House, the Whats On, White Folder and house policies
5. Ensuring harmony (not the right word) within the Group
6. Reporting any issues arising from the Group to the Co-ordinator
7. Reporting back to the Group from the Co-ordinator
8. Ensuring 2 Volunteers present for Group if you are not available and fill in initials on rota
9. Ensuring the house clean & tidy after your group.
10. To promote and create awareness of the work of Áras Folláin and the importance of raising funds
11. Ensure the blinds are closed, lights turned off and doors securely locked on leaving if no Drop In Volunteers are present.
12. Any other responsibilities that may arise
13. Check out with other Volunteer
What's required for this position
1. Friendly manner and good with people
2. An understanding of English and a good communicator
3. Helpful and Polite
4. Reliable and punctual
5. Non-judgemental/accepting attitude
6. Knowledgeable about Áras Folláin and its activities
7. An interest in the Group
8. Understanding of the House Policies
Times and commitment required for this role:
One of the following -
Varies depending on the Group meeting times
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Volunteer Application Form