The successful candidate will be asked to complete the House Volunteer Training. The house is open for Brunch Friday from 11am – 1pm. Volunteers are required for 3 hours, this gives time for Check in / Check out with the Cook and Drop In Volunteer.
The Volunteer will work with the Volunteer Coordinator and other volunteers to ensure the smooth running of Brunch in the House.
1. Check in with Cook and Drop In Volunteer
2. Keeping the Kitchen clean and washing of dishes during cooking and after Brunch.
3. Understanding House Policies
4. Any other responsibilities that may arise
5. Check out with Cook and Drop In Volunteer
The volunteer can avail of the tea/coffee making facilities and kitchen and toilet facilities, parking is also available in Áras Folláin.
What's required for this position
1. Friendly manner and good with people
2. An understanding of English and a good communicator
3. Helpful and Polite
4. Reliable and punctual
5. Being able to clean and tidy
6. Non-judgemental/accepting attitude
7. Knowledgeable about Áras Folláin and its activities
Times and commitment required for this role:
One of the following -
Fridays 10.30am - 1.30pm
Hours required: 3 hrs
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Volunteer Application Form
Volunteers give their time and skills free of charge to Áras Folláin. When acting as a designated volunteer in the house, the cost incurred of getting to Áras Folláin should not discourage involvement. Travel expenses to Áras Folláin will be reimbursed at a rate of 0.20c per km up to a maximum reimbursement of €10 per return journey per day.