Peer Support Volunteer
peer support volunteer.
The successful candidate will be asked to complete the House Volunteer Training and the Peer Support Volunteer Training. The house is open for Drop In on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11am – 1pm and Tuesday from 12pm - 4pm.
Peer Supporters are required on a 2½ hourly basis for either a Monday, Wednesday or Friday and 4½ hours on a Tuesday, this gives half an hour for Check in / Check out with the other Volunteer.
The Peer Supporter will work with the Volunteer Coordinator and other volunteers to ensure the smooth running of Drop In in the House.
The main role of the Peer support Volunteer will be to support anyone that needs to talk.
1. Check in with other Volunteer
2. Offering Peer Support to people
3. Offering Tea/Coffee to new visitors
4. Ensuring the house is kept clean & tidy at all times.
5. To promote and create awareness of the work of Áras Folláin and any upcoming events
6. Ensure the blinds are closed, lights turned off and doors securely locked on leaving.
7. Any other responsibilities that may arise
8. Understanding House Policies
9. Check out with other Volunteer
The Peer Supporter can avail of the tea/coffee making facilities and kitchen, toilet facilities and a discount on any item they wish to purchase in the Pop Up Shop, parking is also available in Áras Folláin.
What's required for this position
1. Friendly manner and good with people
2. An understanding of English and a good communicator
3. Helpful and Polite
4. Reliable and punctual
5. Non-judgemental/accepting attitude
6. Knowledgeable about Áras Folláin and its activities
Times and commitment required for this role:
One of the following -
Monday 10.45am - 1.15pm
Tuesday 11.45am - 4.15pm
Wednesday 10.45am - 1.15pm
Friday 10.45am - 1.15pm
2½ hrs Monday, Wednesday, Friday
4½ hrs Tuesday
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Volunteer Application Form
Volunteers give their time and skills free of charge to Áras Folláin. When acting as a designated volunteer in the house, the cost incurred of getting to Áras Folláin should not discourage involvement. Travel expenses to Áras Folláin will be reimbursed at a rate of 0.20c up to a maximum reimbursement of €10 per return journey per day.