taking control workshop.
The SHINE ‘Taking Control’ Workshop is about learning practical ways to face life’s challenges. You’ll work on maintaining and taking control of your physical and mental well-being.
The Aims of the Taking Control Workshop are:
- To build resilience in the face of life’s challenges and setbacks
- To enhance coping skills, especially pre-existing ones
- To build and support self esteem and confidence
After participating, people will:
- Be aware of positive factors in their lives
- List positive skills and knowledge they bring forward with them
- Recognise the physical, mental and emotional effect of stressors
- Have action plans to safeguard against these stressors
- Be aware of opportunities and avenues open to them
- Know professional supports available to them
- Have set goals and have created an action plan around these
The workshop is divided into 4 modules:
Module 1. Self Esteem and Positivity
Module 2. My Coping Skills
Module 3. Changing the Weather in my Head: Signposting my Supports and Paths to my New Life
Module 4. Being Resilient: Taking Control
For more information please check out the SHINE website by clicking here.