WRAP - Wellness Recovery Action Plan®
Seminar 1 - Introduction to Mental Health Recovery and WRAP®
This workshop will enable you to develop your own WRAP® plan, it is a self-designed prevention and wellness tool that will help you achieve your own wellness goals.
These workshops are for anyone and give you skills that you can carry through to different situations in life.
What is WRAP®?
The Wellness Recovery Action Plan® or WRAP®, is a self-designed prevention and wellness process that anyone can use to get well, stay well and make their life the way they want it to be. It was developed in 1997 by a group of people who were searching for ways to overcome their own mental health issues and move on to fulfilling their life dreams and goals. It is now used extensively by people in all kinds of circumstances, and by health care and mental health systems all over the world to address all kinds of physical, mental health and life issues.
WRAP® has been studied extensively in rigorous research projects and is listed in the National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices.
WRAP® will help you:
- Discover your own simple, safe Wellness Tools
- Develop a list of things to do every day to stay as well as possible
- Identify upsetting events, early warning signs and signs that things have gotten much worse and, using Wellness Tools, develop action plans for responding at these times
- Guide you through the process of developing a Crisis Plan or Advance Directive
- Introduce you to Post Crisis Planning
WRAP® is for anyone, any time. It will support you in being the way you want to be and doing the things you want to do.
See the calendar below for the WRAP® training days, and/or contact Theo on 067 41906.